Saturday, July 11, 2009

mini-trip to Depoe Bay OREGON

Tuesday, July 7: drove down the Washington side of the Columbia River. First stop: Maryhill Winery where I had never been before. Wow, what a spread! Obviously, I felt as if someone should be at the entrance, greeting visitors with open arms.





As is my longtime tradition, I bought another apron. Couldn't resist, "I often cook with wine. Occasionally, I use it in the recipe."









I now have aprons from Buenas Aires Argentina and Zijantaneo Mexico to Winnemuca NV and Washtucna WA. And I wear them to cook in. How DO you other women cook without wearing aprons, I wonder.
Destination: WorldMark resort at Depoe Bay, Oregon. The best thing about this resort? Every unit faces water, ocean or cove. Gorgeous views. Probably our most favorite of the resorts so far.




We had a 3rd-floor unit, complete as always with lovely and ample accommodations. King bed in master suite, accessed through double doors and with" window in the interior wall" to allow view of ocean through the living room.











Up in Lincoln City, friends from Portland were staying in their motorhome. We "toured" their home, had brunch down at our place, and dined in Newport at Gary's and my FAVE place, http://www.localocean.net/ The Most delish pan-fried oysters and slaw with fennel.

Unlike our usual trips to the coast, we didn't buy any fresh seafood for back in our resort unit--not with the price of crab at $9.99/lb. and a pint of oysters at $14. NO WAY.

Barb Bonnema Brown, friend from 1973 (!) shown here, welcoming us into what she and Bob fondly call "The Beast."


Gary and I drove home on the third/next day, purposefully taking a different highway so as to avoid the ABsolute traffice jam through what used to be a little burg when we lived down there in the 80's! Can you say "grid lock traffic lights"? Ah, Portland and your suburbs, how you have grown! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~another good little road trip accomplished. we decided. Thanks for traveling a la Dame Judith :)



















No comments:

Post a Comment