Sunday, May 22, 2011

Last NY TRIP entry, but continuing memories

Images in my mind's eye--special places we visited in the Mid-Hudson River Valley, NY

The "Ambrosia" diner--a Real diner!

"Revolutinary Soldiers buried in here" declares the marker in this cemetary in a village along the Old Post Road, paralleling the river, up from New York City, headed northward. I realized I was in the presence of....U.S. history!!









Boat trip along the Hudson River. View of Rhinecliff Hotel along the waterfront, town of Rhinebeck.
We ate dinner in this old resort, now an upscale Zagat-rated hotel and dining room.









Spectacular view from the site of the Catskill Mountain House, hotel built in 1824 and host to some of the most distinquished visitors of the 19th century.






Also memorable, the view from my bed (!) of my cousin's crab apple tree, which burst into blossom while I was visiting.











There she is--my touring guide and personal chauffeur, my geneaologist, my newly discovered cousin.

Thanks for a great trip....back in time :)

signed,

Cousin "Judy" (as family has always addressed me)










No comments:

Post a Comment